MyPitch is an award winning sports tech startup founded in 2021, backed by partners including Orange & Imec. Being football players ourselves at a local football club, we had no way of proving the value we brought to our team. Some stats like goals, assists and playing minutes were available, but they didn't tell us everything about our game performance.
That's why we started building a saas-platform that helps football players and coaches grow with video & insights. By positioning our cameras next to any football pitch, we translate game footage into automated video & insights through computer vision.
Trust us: the new era of data for anyone at any location has arrived and is here to stay.
As a software engineer at MyPitch, you will be responsible for delivering production-ready code on our devices and in the cloud. The outcome? A maintainable, scalable and secure ecosystem which delivers proper video recordings and information to our backbone infrastructure. By collaborating closely with the computer vision-, devOps- and back-end team you’ll be working on the glue of our system communication.
What is your role about?
- You’ll create stable, secure communication between edge devices and our backbone, in a microservice like environment;
- You’ll help in deciding hardware and software requirements based on research;
- By creating new and/or improving existing (CI) test sets, you contribute to the stability of the software, improving the trust in our product;
- By optimisation of the code of our edge and cloud software, you’ll give football players and - trainers insights even quicker;
- By exploring new technologies, you’ll help the MyPitch teams in providing more data for monitoring and more optimised software flows for quicker response times;
- Develop and maintain specification documents;
- Design, implement and automate unit tests;
- Participate in sprint and release planning activities and sizing of work tasks.
- Bachelor’s, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Machine Learning or related STEM fields;
- You have expert knowledge of Linux;
- You have expert knowledge on programming in Python;
- You have experience in network systems, network security and cybersecurity;
- You have experience or are very eager to learn about wired and wireless communication interfaces and protocols, which may include serial and parallel communications such qs: cellular LTE, GPS, LTE-M, NBIoT, LoRa.
- You have experience or are very eager to learn about application-layer communication protocols and secure communications such as HTTPS, MQTT, Azure IoT Stack, AWS IoT Stack technology,...
- Familiarity with OOP in c, c++ is a plus;
- Fluent English speaker, Dutch is a plus;
- Working on a solution that will change football from the inside.
- An opportunity to operate in a startup environment in which your input will be highly recognised by local football players.
- Joining a team of highly committed people with an amazing skill mix who value the engineering know-how you will be creating.
- A great office in the centre of Ghent at walking distance from the train station;
- Coffee all day long.
- Flexibility to work from home.